Friday, January 04, 2008

Christmas in Leeds




After what seemed like the longest countdown in the history of countdowns (but was probably only about 12 weeks), I finally got to spend Christmas and New Years with Chris in Leeds.
Flew in on the 15 December and straight away headed out to meet up with Andy Lake and Valky which was loads of fun. The Thursday before Christmas, Chris suprised me by taking me to the Leeds Town Hall to see the Leeds philharmonic orchestra and choir perform their annual Christmas Carol Concert. Loved it! Also that night, finally got to have sume mulled wine at the German Markets that Chris always talks about.
Christmas Day, Chris' mum put on a 4 course feast for 11 people which was AMAZING! Ate my body weight in turkey and then tacked the christmas pudding. I love christmas pudding so much, it is the best food in the entire world.
For Christmas, my mum had organised for Chris and I a hire car for three days. We ended up having it for 5 days because of a mix up with returning it that was there fault so we made full use of it.
Went first to Liverpool which was great, explored Albert Dock and saw the Turner Prize exhibit at the Tate Liverpool. Then did some post-Christmas sales shopping in the city centre and ended up drinking till the early hours at the Cavern Club.
The next day, we went to Chester which was one of the best English cities I have been too. Did some more shopping there and then headed onto Wales. Loved being in Wales, the weather was pretty bad but that just added to the naff-ness of the whole thing. Went to some old holiday parks on the coast that Chris went to when he was little for a laugh.

Drove the car up to Manchester New Years Eve. Stayed in a hotel by the airport as I was flying out New Years Day. Fran came to see us and took us to meet her family and out for a good curry dinner. Got to meet their family's new puppy, Charlie.... sooooo cute!!!

So that was my holiday. Had an absolute ball but it went WAY to quickly. Exciting news is that Chris is finally coming here for good on 16 Jan. He booked his flight the day before I left. Cannot believe that he is finally coming!! Only 12 more sleeps!!! I am so excited as it will mean that I can really settle here in Vancouver and make it my home for the next couple of years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home