Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bunnings Warehouse

Last week saw me pass a major Qatari milestone as I received my Residency Permit and passport back. Whilst I now need an exit permit to be allowed to leave the country, my RP does mean that I can now get a Qatari drivers license, open a bank account and get my Liquor License.

To get your liquor license, you have to go to the Qatar Distribution Centre, a warehouse out of town in the middle of nowhere and the only place in Qatar that you can buy alcohol. Mairz and I quickly spent my monthly liquor allowance of 8% of my salary in one visit. Inside the QDC it is like the Bunnings Warehouse of off-licenses. Lots of fun! Next month we get triple our allowance in order to prepare for Ramadan.

This would be me, Jessica Stein - Qatari resident, and my trolley.... with about $AUS 500 to last us this month.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure you have enough!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a boozhound!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home