Friday, February 02, 2007

Kensington of the North

The last couple of weeks have been markedly different from my time in Qatar! Arrived in London and stayed with Package for a couple of days before heading up to Oxford with ALN to see Andy. The night before was spent in Bromley with Alex and Russ and it snowed so Oxford looked beautiful when I arrived. Despite the snow the weather was quite mild so had a great couple of days up there. I then went back to London to stay a couple of nights with Paula and then headed up to Leeds, or the 'Kensington of the North' (according to Chris)

After hitting Leeds city the first night, Chris, Alex, Russ and I all headed up to the Lakes for a few days. The Lakes being the Lake District in the North West corner of England. The Lakes was better than I had imagined, stayed in a really lovely hotel, visited the small towns during the day and had a dinner at the cosy little pubs at night. Had to say goodbye to Alex and Russ when we left which was very sad.

So now I am hanging out in Leeds for a few more days before setting off for Prague on Monday. Spending a lot of time (and money) preparing for my next trip. Got my passport back today with my Russian, Mongolian and Chinese visas which was a little exciting. Brought some thermals today and stocked up on cuppa soups and two-minute noodles at Asda.

Here are some photos from the Lakes for you mum xxx


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home