Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Berlin and Tallinn

After my cruise, turned out I needed to fill in more time so decided to go back to Berlin. Berlin is one of my favourite cities due to the fact that the whole place is a living museum to both WW2 and the Cold War. It was also great to see Berlin a week or so out from the World Cup (which has subsequently taken over my life) with all the preparations and excitement building.




With still more time to fill in, I headed up to Tallinn, Estonia. When I was in Europe last time, it was a place that I really really wanted to go to but being a little out of the way, never got the opportunity. It really didn't disappoint me. The old town is now a heritage site meaning it is pretty much a picture perfect medieval town; similar to Prague in both its history and architecture (and prices!!).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home